Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


I thought I'd post a picture of Blarney with his striking V-Day bandana.

My mom and MaryAnn would be so proud. Around Halloween, when Blarney got neutered, they put a candy corn bandana on him. He didn’t mind it and I thought it was very cute. I started looking around for bandanas and they sell dog ones for around $6 each. I was shopping with my mom and asked her if I bought a yard of fabric, if I could use pinking sheers and cut my own. Walmart had a few select fabric patterns (Valentines, St Patricks, and a few non holiday patterns) for $2 a yard and Christmas and fall ones on sale for $1 a yard. I used his existing bandana as a pattern and for $10 I was able to cut over 30 bandanas in 6 different patterns! Stay tuned throughout the year for more poses of Blarney with his new outfits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud! I'll show you how to use the sewing machine...anytime you want :-)

Sutton Family said...

what a fasionable pup! I love putting little sweaters on Jack. His tummy is pretty bald, so in the snow, I think he needs one!

Mom Louise W said...

Blarney sent me a valentine card!
I just love it, love Grandma. I get cards from my granddog!