Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Catch up

I always start like this, but this time I'm REALLY behind. Let's see what I can remember. My new goal is to start back up again with the weekly updates.

I'm finally done with my Christmas shopping. I always start really early (sometimes 12.26) but always forget one or two people, or need to bulk up some people's gifts. I'm not too happy with Mark's gift this year, but I'll make it up to him throughout the year. This year, he bought a really expensive table saw too.

We're planning on re-doing our kitchen this year. We went to Home Depot with our kitchen layout and are getting quotes from them and a custom cabinet maker. I don't know if we can afford custom, but Home Depot doesn't have a lot of the stuff we really like. I've picked out a few odds and ends, but haven't bought anything yet. I'm kinda waiting to have everything picked out so I know it all matches and goes together before I buy it all.

I've started paying my bills online - which is great. I can't believe I've waited this long to start. I did get off to a rough start though, I forgot to write the items down in my paper checkbook register and didn't subtract any of the bills from my balance. I didn't bounce anything, but was a little too close for comfort. I won't make that mistake twice.

Dylan turned two on 12-20 and we had his party at my house the first week in December. I'm having trouble with my laptop card reader, so I can't post any pics. I will soon though. It was a great time!

Unfortunately Grandpa couldn't make it as he's been in the hospital since before Thanksgiving. Please pray for him, thanks.

I got the Christmas tree up, but I only decorated it with about 2/3rd of the ornaments and none of the extras (i.e. bows, ribbons, candy canes). Just no time and not in the mood.

Blarney has developed this skin irritations and we had to take him to the vet. Pretty much, they are infected follicles, but she thinks one may be a cyst (he's got 3 total). It's several hundred dollars and they'd have to put him under. My baby!

I guess that's all the big stuff. I can't believe another year has gone by......and so fast.............

No comments: