Thursday, October 28, 2010

My summer vacation

Mark, my parents, Laura, Jeff & Dylan went on a Cruise to Canada and New England the middle of September.  We drove to NY on Sept 11 and the boat took off Sept 12.  Dylan was great on the long drive.  We were 2 days at sea and I got sea sick.  It wasn't bad, and wasn't in my stomach - just my head was floating!

Our first stop was Halifax Nova Scotia.  We stopped at the Citadel - one of the oldest forts in North America.  We also went to Maritime Museum and they had a Titanic exhibit.  Next stop was St. John New Brunswick.  We went on a 3 mile walking tour, so we didn't get to see that much.  Thursday was Bar Harbor Maine - what a great great city!  Acadia National Park was so beautiful and I'd love to go back.  Next was Boston Mass.  Another wonderful old city.  I'd love to go back and walk the Freedom Trail!  We took a trolley through the city and a duck boat on the Charles River.  Last stop was Newport Rhode Island for the Vanderbilt houses.

We did some fun stuff on the boat too - Mark got called up on stage at a juggling show.  We saw a Cirque du Soleil style show which rocked!  It was great spending time away form work and with my family!!
































2 comments:

CB said...

I love the picture of you and Dylan on the carousel :) And the one of you and Mark sitting on those huge cannons cracked me up. Looks like an awesome trip!

The Smith Family said...

amazing pictures! looks like a great trip! Was that kraft mac and cheese you were all standing in front of? And just think if you come out this way I can show you a moose in person!