Saturday, April 12, 2008

Blarney's Birthday

Blarney turned one on April 10th! Here he is with his Happy Birthday bandana!



We get together with Ray & Marie almost every Saturday night. Tonight, I asked my parent's to stop over too. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for Blarney's birthday "party". My parents bought him the largest rawhide bone he's ever gotten. Marie bought him some doggie cookies, two large Dingo bones, and a mail truck toy. It's hard to buy Blarney toys because he ruins them so quickly.


Marie also bought a cake and decorated it with those sugary things. Yummy!

Blarney wanted to eat it (we teased him a little), but he does not get any people food - so he was out of luck. I did buy him a canned Eukanuba which I will mix into his dry food tomorrow for a special treat.


Laura & Jeff were over her best friend Andrea's house tonight, so they couldn't make it. Also, Laur worked the overnight shift yesterday and has to work it again tomorrow. Jeff also worked all day yesterday and today.
I had a great time babysitting Dylan this weekend. I left work early on Friday because Laura had a work meeting. Dylan slept a lot better last night than the previous time I had watched him. That was a relief to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey linda - i just figured out that i could leave comments using the anonymous - i'm a little slow - hahaha! i love reading your posts and keeping up with you guys! Blarney is just as cute as can be (and so is that nephew of yours). we miss & love you guys - lea

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday party mom!! It was almost bigger and better than that one you threw for Marie last year. I had a great time even though I couldn't actually eat the cake. Woof, woof!!

-Blarney

Anonymous said...

Sorry it has been a while since checking out the blog. Did you know they make special doggie ice cream? We had that at Ellie's puppies birthday. He loved it. Blarney is adorable.