Wednesday, April 23, 2008
What's for dinner, honey
Let me start of by saying that Mark's mom is a great cook. She makes a full homemade dinner every night of the week. Mark should be over this by now because he's lived with me for over 4 years. I don't think I am a good cook, I only manage to make easy dinners a few nights a week. Thank goodness for our grill, we use that often. Maybe that counts as cooking, I don't know-Mark usually grills the meat that I defrost and/or season. I do make salads each night. Did I mention that he just bought a $1,100 natural gas grill!! It's currently sitting in our living room because we have to put in a gas line outside for it. I can't wait to have our first big cookout of the season. Back to Mark, some of my friends even say that I baby him, by putting out his vitamins, make sure his lunch stuff is ready, his cell phone is out for him in the morning, etc. I don't know. Back to cooking, I enjoy baking more than cooking. Anyway I go off a side track again. The reason for my blog post is Mark comes home from work last night and sees a pot on the stove. He goes over to it and says, ooh-I had a rough day today, what's for dinner honey. He opens the pot and sees two hard boiled eggs - WHICH ARE FOR BLARNEY! Whoops! P.S. Sorry this post is all over the place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I enjoyed this one! ~ lea
After all those years of cooking for 6 or more, it just seems a waste to cook for two and soon to be one for a year! So Ellie, Sarah, Lea, and I have decided to get together once a month and have a day of cooking. This month we made Spaghetti sauce and got 12 dinner size bags to throw in the freezer. So easy to make a pot of pasta and heat the sauce. (Bottled sauce is sacreligious and wrong!) Next month I think we will make lasagna.
Just goes to show the order of the totem pole at your house. Mark, unfortunately,I think you're at the bottom.
-Kato
Whatever you lack in cooking you more than make up for in the baking department. Funny story though. laura
Post a Comment