Friday, January 9, 2009

A Christmas Story

Okay so I promised the Lowe Family that I would watch this movie this year. They say it's on 24 hours a day on TBS Christmas Day and they watch it 24 hours every Christmas Day. It's filmed in Cleveland and you can even tour the house it was filmed in...I will say that's cool and I'd like to see the house. Unfortunately, I did not love the movie, or for that matter, I didn't really even like it that much. I'll give it that it was better than many movies I have seen, but I went 30 years to watch it and probably won't feel the need to watch it again for several more years. First, the movie is set in Indiana-which was really disappointing to me. Why film in Cleveland and say it's IN? Also, the Santa Claus in the movie is really mean which I HATED...HATED! I didn't like the mean bully kid either. It did have some good moments that I liked. Like that the kid got the gun and that his dad hid it from him until the end. It was cool to see downtown and the Terminal Tower. Mark said he remembered the Higbees window. Marie's mom knows the kid whose train set was used in the movie, which was cool. Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

CB said...

I'm with you on this one ... I don't understand the fascination with this movie. The constant narration with the ridiculous 25 cent vocabulary drives me absolutely nuts. I do love the end scene at the Chinese restaurant. FRAH-RAH-RAH-RAH

People are REALLY into this movie though .... did you see in the paper recently about the couple who bought a night in the house on eBay? Or the couple who got married there? I just don't get it ...

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie! Uncle Doug and I remember Christmas downtown just like that. Santa was mean but Mr Jingleling was nice. School was just like that too. Funny, it is definitely for those who were kids in the 50's