Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekly update

It's been a while (again)

On St Patty's Day we had dinner at Marie's mom's house. City Chicken - delish!! We watched Glenn Beck's 9-12 project - very good - worth seeing!

Dylan had his first time on a swing, so cute! I had video on my phone, but accidentally deleted it. whoops-bad aunt!

Mark and I are back in the full "yard work" mode. it sucks! I raked up the whole back yard grass and cleaned out all the flower beds. I thought it was so great having flower beds on all 4 sides of the house, until I realized that leaves and junk fill them up in the fall/winter. I filled 11 big black bags of dead grass and leaves. I still have to do the front grass, but that shouldn't be so bad. My hands were like claws all day from holding the rake. Monday was kinda rough at work too.

We went over my parent's house for daddy's 59th birthday. We had pizza and white cake. Mom also bought 4 types of ice cream and had at least 10 different toppings and we made homemade ice cream sandwiches. Everything was great!

Marie & Ray brought over The Wrestler movie. The movie could have been renamed Micky Rourke's ass and Marissa Tomei's boobs. It was a good movie overall but I felt it had a dumb ending.

I made Paula Deen's Mashed Baked this weekend for Mark's mom's house. It was sooo good! It's highly recommended. I'm going to make it for Laura and see how it compares to the beloved cheesey potato casserole.

I had dinner with my friend Crystal too. It had been a while since I had seen her, so we went out. It was nice catching up.

I ended up making caramel corn for Mark's bake sale at work and he said it sold fast. I love that stuff! They are having a pot luck and I'm making Paula's mashed baked for that too.

Marie's making strides in wedding planning - and I'm having a blast helping.

No comments: