It's been a while (yes again). Went to 1 pm service on Good Friday and I usually end up crying when I leave because the closing hymn is always one they played at Gramma's funeral. I do love the service though, it's always the same - same Bible readings, same songs. It's a great service. Good Friday was also Blarney's second birthday. Mom and daddy came over for pizza that night, since they had opened a Little Caesar's pizza by us. We used to get pizza from there every Friday when I was little. It was the greatest pizza ever! Well, I don't know if they changed the recipe or I just grew up...it was kinda gross gross.
Laura, Jeff, Dylan, Mark and I went to church on Easter which was really nice. Dylan was pretty good, although kind of squirmy towards the end. There was a little boy behind us who kept Dylan's attention for most of the service. He offered him Fruit Loops and his toy truck. We then went to mom and dad's. Mom had dinner all ready: ham and cheesy potatoes. Laura had to work overnight Easter Sunday, so we had a early lunch. Mark and I then went to Carol's who had turkey and mashed potatoes. Can I take a minute to say how much I love mashed potatoes! Evan hasn't taken his first steps on his own yet, but is walking around tables and across couches. He's growing up so fast!
Dad entered his Vette into a car show at the dealership where he bought it. There were so many cars packed in there. I thought it'd be lame, but it was really cool! The judges were crazy! He had dad move his seats all the way up and took a point off for a tiny piece of lint on the carpet underneath where the seat was. It was the size of a pencil tip. He also pointed out a hand print where Dylan had touched the car after eating a chicken nugget in the car on the way over. The judge asked me to open the car door (they are not allowed to touch the car) and I left a finger print. He told me I should use a cloth to open up the door. Okay dude, if you saw my car, you'd have a heart attack. Despite all of that, dad did win a ribbon for runner up. Yeah dad!
We went to a murder mystery dinner with Mark's best man Dave and his fiancee Kelly. It was a lot of fun. We don't get to see them that often, so it was nice to catch up. The dinner was great and the theater was just okay. Some of the songs were just lengthy and it was absolutely impossible to guess the murderer. They are planning their wedding for next October.
Today was Aidan's third birthday party. I made another Elmo cake, but this year I made it a little different. There were only about 10 adults so I didn't feel the need to make the big full body Elmo I've made the past two years. I just printed out an Elmo face picture, and cut a 10" round cake pan into an Elmo head. It was still a lot of work, but not nearly as much as the full body. I think it turned out very cute. Mark and I got him a Thomas the Train bike, which I can not wait to see him riding! It was nice to see Mark's dad's side of the family too. Aidan & Brandon had such a great time playing together. Aidan cried when Brandon left and exclaimed "Oh No Brandon is gone!"
Evan's first birthday party is going to be on Memorial Day - can't wait. Mike & Melissa got the boys a joint birthday present of a huge swingset in their backyard.
I painted Dylan's room's ceiling in sky blue. I'm going to ask Charlie to paint clouds on it. I've always wanted that and finally got around to doing it now that he's over a year old now. If our house wasn't a split and didn't have lower ceiling upstairs, I'd have done a dusk sky with stars.
The weather this weekend was just perfect. It was in the upper 70's low 80's. Great sleeping weather (MARIE!) too. Mark actually let me sleep with the window open. This is a quarrel we get into each year, sleeping with the window open. I love it open and he does not like it. The only downside of having the windows open is the flowering pear tree we have in our front yard smells like a sweaty armpit. The white flowers on it are beautiful, but man does it stink. Oh, the other downside is seeing how dirty the screens are. I'm just going to ignore that for now.
Mark's been doing a ton of work in our yard. He dug out 7 Rose of Sharon trees from Dwaine's back yard and planted them behind our shed. He then filled Jeff's entire truck bed with garbage dirt from our retaining wall area (next the the shed where the cement guys dumped it to pour the shed's pad) and dumped it. He then filled Jeff's entire truck bed with top soil he bought and used it to re-seed our back yard. What a mud pit for a week when it rained every day. I still need to rake out the front (I already did the back) and put down fertilizer. Last year I planted a ton of hyacinth bulbs and I love walking in the front door because the smell is wonderful. I also planted a bleeding heart and that's blooming pink which is nice.
I'll post pictures soon.
2 comments:
A tree called a flowering pear should not stink!! And you were so diplomatic, a sweaty armpit, I could thing of some waaaay nastier things that that tree smells like :-0
And, may I add to the part about Jeff's truck & the dirt. After Mark emptied the truck, Linda & I washed it!!! But like Mark said, we can have fun doing anything and we totally had fun washing that truck!
Linda,
If you ever want to host a murder mystery, we wrote one you could use. It is not really a murder mystery, it is more of a James Bond in a race to save the world from destruction. We played it with a houseful last spring before I left and everyone loved it. If you are interested, just let us know.
Love,
Uncle Doug and Aunt Mar
Post a Comment