Saturday, March 29, 2008
Babysitting
I babysat for Dylan last night. Laura works weekend nights at the hospital, two 12 hours shifts starting at 7pm each. Since Jeff works on Saturdays, whenever Laura is on for Friday night, I'm going to watch D Man. Yesterday was the first time as Laura's only been back to work for 2 weeks. I got there around 7:30 and Jeff & Dylan were just hanging out. He doesn't like to eat from the bottle too much, so Laura fed him before she left for work. He cried a little from 9-9:30, but only when I sat down. If I was up and moving around - he was fine. I gave him his bottle around 9:45 and he only ate an ounce or two. I put him down for what I thought would be bedtime. However, he had different plans. He just laid there until 12:30 AM just smiling - wide awake! I was exhausted! Around 3:30 AM Jeff got up for work. Dylan slept until 5 am when he woke up for his bottle. Laura came home at 7:30 and fed him. He slept with her downstairs until around 10 am when I made her go upstairs and sleep by herself. We had a great time playing and singing and dancing. I stayed until around 4 pm. Around 6pm, Laura, Jeff & Dylan came over for dinner with Ray & Marie. I rocked Dylan for his evening nap while Laura was cutting Marie's hair. I'm exhausted and off to bed. Laura's working again tomorrow night, but Jeff is off on Mondays so he watches Dylan Sunday nights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you so much for being there for me and Dylan so I can work. The thought of leaving him in the care of strangers is too much for me to bear. I don't think I would have been able to do it. You are the best. Someday(God willing) you know I will return the favor. I love you.
Laura
Post a Comment