Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crazy busy weekend - Saturday

Saturday I woke up with Marie's fiance, Ray, coming over to help Mark do some electrical stuff in the garage. Mark has decided he needed to add 8 additional electrical outlets in our garage. Apparently he needs all of this power so he can power the space shuttle and light it's way to Mars.

Mom had given me some money for my 30th birthday and Mark didn't really buy me anything (although he did pay for my PRK eye surgery which was a few weeks after my b-day). So, I went to the jewelry store last weekend and picked out a new pair of diamond hoop earrings. While I was there, I had my eye on this garnet ring too. So, I got both of them! I am spoiled, I'll admit it. I got to wear the earrings out of the store last weekend, but the garnet ring had to be sized. I went and picked that up yesterday-I love it!! Also while we were there last weekend, I turned in my wedding ring for re-mounting and sizing. Since my weight loss, I had to have my ring sized several times. Due to the channel setting, the previous times I have had it sized, it's had to get more and more oval so the stones don't pop out. It was getting harder to get on and off due to the oval shape. So, when I went to pick it up today, they sized it to a 6 and I really needed a 6.5 or 6.75. It went on just fine, but I could NOT get the dang thing off! I was pulling and watching my finger turn purple. So, the lady comes over and sprays my finger with Windex and it slid right off. Very embarrassing! So, she puts the sizer thing on and that gets stuck too!! Then, she told me to put my ring back on. 3rd time for Windex! So, it's at the jeweler again and I won't get it until next week. It's amazing how a little polishing makes the ring look brand spanking new. They polished Mark's band and you'd think it was new. I can't wait to get it back. Fortunately, I've been wearing my wedding "something blue" ring that Mark gave me at our rehearsal dinner.

Anyway, since Ray was over here working, Marie and I had nothing to do. So, we went to a paint-your-own pottery studio. Blarney was in need a new water bowl, so she suggested having me paint one for him. It was a blast. She made a coffee cup. I'll post pictures when we pick up the stuff next weekend. We've done this pottery thing a few times before, it's such a blast!!

Then, Mark and I went out to dinner at a Thai place by my work. They also have Chinese too. Mark loves Chinese and I don't really like it, so we don't go out for that often. But mine was pretty good. Mark really enjoyed it.

No comments: