Today, Mark and I headed off to a Medieval Faire with his best friend Dave and his fiance Kelly. My friend Karin was going to come with us, but since the weather was supposed to be so bad, she ducked out. We got there a little later than usual and missed the first joust. I love the joust!! It also rained for the first hour and half that we were there. However, the rest of the day was really nice! It wasn't too hot, nor too humid. The ground was a little muddy in areas, but it was probably the nicest weather we've ever had in our faire trips. Usually it's scorching hot and so humid you can hardly breathe. I bought a few incense sticks and we ate lots of yummy foods. We had ice cream for dinner. It was great spending the whole day with Dave & Kelly. We talked about their upcoming wedding and their possible honeymoon to Africa for a safari. Kelly is very much an outdoors girls - much unlike me. For my honeymoon, we stayed at 5 different hotels in Ireland and I actually complained to Mark that one of them was only 4 stars. Again-very spoiled-to have stayed in 5-star hotels for the rest of our honeymoon. Kelly was saying that they have armed guards outside the tents they'd be sleeping in to keep the lions and other animals out!! Never would I even dream of doing that, but I can't wait to see their videos.
Since we were going to be gone all day, we dropped the GrandDog over at my parent's house for doggie-sitting. He was so tired when he got home, he fell right asleep and has been knocked out ever since.
2 comments:
I love Ren Fairs... wish they had some up here, but it hasn't caught on yet. There is a group that I see practicing medival sword fighting at the park on the weekends- they actually had a flier for people wanting to join the group up last time I was there- I grabbed the number, but am afriad I might be the oldest one there! It'd be fun, though.
I have a friend that went on a safari with her husband and she is not an outdoor girl. Her husband was upset when he got back after a hunt and found out the guards had her out in a canoe where there were crocs and hippos! Tamera told him the guards said it was perfectly safe!
Love Aunt M
Post a Comment