Sunday, September 28, 2008

Party...Working....Party

Friday night we had a family birthday party for Laura at my house. We just cooked out burgers and dogs and had a yummy cake with ice cream and magic shell. I am addicted to magic shell!!

When Mark and I were in Amish country, we stopped at a fireworks store and picked up a huge bag of stuff. I couldn't get pictures of the good ones up in the sky, but these were the ones that went off on the ground.




Saturday morning daddy came over at 9 am to help Mark and I clean out the garage. We worked non-stop until 4. Mark is going to grind off the painted cement in our garage and put some sort of epoxy with these gritty specs in it. It will be nice when it's done, but the entire garage had to be emptied and stay that way for three days until it dries. It's amazing how much crap was in our garage-yikes!

Saturday night Mark and I went to his team leader's deep frying turkey party. I've never had a deep fried turkey but it was pretty good. It was nice spending time with his work buddies.

Nice weekend, nice weather. Looking forward to a four day week this week as Mark and I are going away for the weekend and are off work on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...why is it Mom's the last one to know anything??? Where are you two going? I'd ask Marie...but she's asleep :-)

Marie said...

Mom shouldn't be up reading and commenting on blogs at 1:05 a.m. I, unfortunately, am going to work while Mark & Linda go to a ren faire. I will be letting the dog out on Friday afternoon though :-)