Sunday, March 9, 2008
Countdown to Bon Jovi
For my 30th birthday, Marie got us tickets to a Bon Jovi concert in Pittsburgh. I don't recall when we realized that we could see them twice in one year if we drove to a different city – but it’s been kind of a tradition ever since. However, in 2006 we decided that if we got tickets through a ticket broker we could get really good seats for the same price if we had seen them in two different cities. So, off to Pittsburgh (by the way, did I mention there is a huge outlet mall on the way to Pittsburgh-perhaps that’s another reason we venture out that way) we went. We got tickets in something called “THE PIT” We weren’t really sure how that would work, but it was the best thing ever!! We got there probably 5 hours before the show even began and we were no way close to first in line. They opened up the stadium and it was a mad rush to get as close to the front as we could. A few years ago, Marie and I figured out that Richie Sambora is always to Jon’s right. So, we always make sure to get tickets on the “Richie side” This way, we can see him and Jon better than the bass player and keyboard player. Who knew that going to a concert was so involved-right? Well, Marie and I were probably 5 people back, but we got our spot on the floor strategically placed halfway between where we knew Richie and Jon would be standing. We got some awesome pictures too! What a day to remember! I will keep you posted after the Ides of March concert.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait until Saturday!!! I'd start packing now if I could. As I've said before, Linda & I always have way too much fun no matter what we are doing!!! This should be a great 30th birthday celebration!!!
-Marie
Congrats on awesome tickets! That sounds like so much fun!!! and Happy Birthday... what a way to celebrate!
Post a Comment