Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran’s Day

Mark saw a guy at the gym yesterday with a tee shirt on that had Russian writing and the hammer and sickle on the back. He went up to him and said (in a polite way) “what’s up with the shirt?” The Russian gentleman in his 20’s replied “it’s a Russian army shirt” Mark replied “Don’t you know today is Veteran’s Day.” He said “I didn’t know” Mark then told him “that shirt is offensive, do you know how many millions were killed?” He replied “I know, but that is all in the past” He said “no, it’s not in the past and that shirt is offensive.” They parted ways. True story.

Now for my comment…I asked Mark if he had just met Obama.

With Obama as our dear leader, we will soon be communist so we will have to get used to seeing the hammer and sickle and less of the stars and stripes. I PRAY THAT IS NOT TRUE and I am just being a drama queen. If my Uncle Doug tells me to have faith, I will have faith!! Thanks Uncle Doug for all you are doing in Afghanistan. The sacrifices you are making for our country humble me.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Go Mark!!!

Lin, your Uncle Doug is a true hero. I'll try to remember what he said each time I think about the direction the country is headed in and I get scared and want to stick my head in the oven!!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for Mark!!!

And please send my gratitude and deep respect to your Uncle Doug. (Do you think he needs a Soldiers' Angel?)