I took Friday as a vacation day, it was so nice to have a 4-day work week! I have only taken two half days off this year so far, so I was ready and needing a day off. When I woke up at 8:30 I had a note from Mark that said the power was off and had been since 7 am. He called and they said it'd be back on at 9-no problem, right. Since he works for First Energy, he had been doing a little calling around to see what the problem was. Laura and Dylan came over so we could go to the mall together. We left around noon and the power had just popped on while we were getting ready to leave the house. Thank goodness my house is generally pretty cool, the air wasn't even scheduled to come on since the temperature was cooler than the set point. Whew!
Dylan was great at the mall-so well behaved, just soaking in all the sites and people. We got some lunch and did a ton of shopping! Laura got (I think) everything that she needed to get, so I was glad for her. She doesn't get to get out much with the baby.
Then, Mark and I went out to Kelly & Carl's pizza place for dinner with my parents. I had a few more errands to run, so mom and I went to Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Best Buy and Mark and daddy came back to our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment