Saturday, June 14, 2008

I wish I didn't do windows

Mark, Jeff and my dad went to an outdoor/indoor gun range about an hour from home today. They had a really good time. Jeff owns several guns and so does dad, but Mark doesn't have one (YET!) Mark's been shooting a few times before, and him and dad have gone twice this summer so far. I'm glad daddy has two sons now. No matter how many Matchbox cars Laura and I had (and believe me we had way more than any of the boys in our classes did) - we still liked Cabbage Patch and Barbie dolls more.

So I decided to tackle a yucky summertime job - WINDOWS! 18 screens later, I am done. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because the previous owner of this house spent $14,000 on those really nice Pella windows with the blinds in the middle of the two panes of glass. She had them installed less than a year before we moved in. She also sprung for the really nice thick wooden trims. I never realized how much windows make a difference in a house. Anyway, the reason I can't complain is because you can wash both the inside and the OUTside of the windows while INside the house. The one center pane of our 5-pane bay window can't be reached, but I just left it alone. I also have a carwash thing that you connect to the hose and it has a spinning brush that shoots out water and soap. The screens were a breeze to clean too. 365 days to go before I have to do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have shamed me!! Everyday I've been on vacation I've looked at the windows and made a mental note that they need to be washed...badly. And then I kept on going. Proud of you!!