Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nothing really exciting

Nothing really exciting to report.

On Thursday, my friend Denise's daughter, Alli, graduated from 8th grade. We went to the church service and then to her house for a party afterwards. It was nice, we stayed until midnight and then I remembered that I had to go to work the next day and babysit Dylan. I was a little tired, but we had fun and it was worth staying.

Friday night I watched Dylan and stayed until about 6 or so on Saturday afternoon. We hadn't really celebrated Mark's birthday with Marie and Ray (Memorial Day and then he was out of town) so the four of us went to Eddie's Creekside. Marie and Mark love their honey pecan chicken. I jumped on the band wagon and got that too this time. They brought Mark a cupcake and Marie and I got this yummy ho ho cake dessert.

Today, we went to Mark's mom's house for birthday dinner. Mike is May 30th and Mark is May 26th (just one year apart-what was Carol thinking?) so Carol made ribs-a family favorite. She made a hot dog for me since I don't like them. It was so great to see Evan, it was the first time we had seen him since the hospital. We were supposed to get together for Memorial Day, but their whole family was sick so they canceled. Evan is totally a mama's boy and cries when he's not with her. I asked Mark to bring Aidan the box from our grill and he had a blast playing in it and having us give him rides. Mark and I came home and played a long boring game of chess, which of course-I lost. It was a pretty nice weekend.

No comments: