Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mark's trip & my day

I talked to Mark tonight and he said he's having a great time. There were no class 5 rapids running, but they hit a couple of 4s. He told me: "we had a CHICK guide, and she was too cautious because no one in our boat fell out" He said the group in front of them was there for this guy's bachelor party and each and every one of the fell out of the boat because their guide was awesome! He said that's one of the best parts is falling out of the boat - I do not think so!!! I think today they did the Lower New and tomorrow they are doing the Upper Gauley in West Virginia. They did some hiking yesterday too. Mark said they all jumped off a jump rock which he said was at least 30 feet. I miss him (Blarney does too!) but I was glad to have the day to myself. I thought I'd be lonely, but once a year I could get used to this being alone stuff. I basic cleaned the whole house, and pooped out before I could do a deep spring cleaning. I was hoping to get the windows and screens washed, but that didn't happen. Blarney and I did go on two 2+ mile walks today though. I also went grocery shopping and to a few stores looking for a new digital camera. I ran into a friend from elementary school that I keep in touch with about once or twice a year. It was nice to see her even if it was just in a parking lot. I think I finally found a few cameras that I like. Just ask anyone who knows me and I have to make a spreadsheet before I buy anything to make sure I'm getting exactly what I need and at the best price. Well, that's about it. I think I'll turn in early.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been a little out of touch. Which friend did you run into?

-marie

Linda and Mark said...

Nay